Tactical Handgun II is a course that’s directed at Self-Defense with your firearm. Learning the anatomy of your target. Understanding what’s an off switch (Midbrain, Pons and/or Medulla oblongata) and what’s a timer (Heart, Arteries, Aorta, etc.) The difference between shoots and NO shoots, angles, verbal commands, explosive movement vs shooting on the move, fighting from the ground etc. This intense firearms training course focuses on challenging the student to balance speed & accuracy during continuous rapid movement around obstacles and while running through groups of threats at CQB distances. Aggressive movement and lateral displacement will be emphasized throughout the course and students will also engage threats from various shooting positions that will include laying on both sides, supine, and while using unorthodox shooting positions to shoot around obstacles and barriers.
Drill complexity and stress will increase as students’ decision-making skills and target discrimination will be tested in shoot / don’t shoot courses of fire while continuously moving. We will leave as much range artificiality out of this training as possible. While still keeping a very high level of safety. This course is dedicated to real-world encounters. Knowing how to shoot and knowing how to fight with your firearm are two different worlds. Our drills are crafted to deepen your understanding of essential tactics that could prove decisive in a self-defense situation.
Skills and Topics Covered in This Course
- Firearms training safety rules review
- Principals of personal defense
- Advanced firearm methodology and concepts
- Mental conditioning and combat mindset
- Enhanced tactical aptitude
- Methodology of combat shooting the firearm.
- Balancing speed and accuracy.
- Enhanced tactical speed shooting concepts.
- Reducing stimulus/response time.
- Multi-shot progressive shooting drills.
- Multi-shot rhythm drills and split time reduction strategies.
- Moving off the line of force and lateral displacement.
- Dominating the weapon, threat, and visual areas.
- Engaging threats during continuous movement
- Engaging threats at CQB distances while running
- Engaging threats during shoot / don’t shoot drills
- Engaging multiple threats while negotiating obstacles
- Engaging threats shooting over and around barricades
- Recovering from prone and supine positions to standing
- Review ammunition management techniques
- Review malfunction clearance drills
- Multiple threat engagement strategies
- Verbal Commands
- Your Chosen Handgun for Concealed Carry
- Holster for your Chosen Handgun
- Minimum of 2 Magazines for Semi-Automatic or Speed Loaders for Revolver (The more you bring, the less time you spend loading and more time shooting!)
- 200-250 Rounds of Ammunition (This may be purchased with us.)
- Full-wrap Eye and Ear Protection (May be borrowed from the range.)
- Closed-toe Shoes
- No V-neck or Tank-top Shirts
- Pen and Paper
All students must arrive with the equipment/clothing listed above. Those without the required equipment will not be able to participate in the on-range portion of the course.