Here we will work on the fundamentals that you’ve learned and gear them to a more dynamic environment. Inducing stress is a big part of this course. You will learn how to fight using your environment, knowing the difference between cover and concealment. This 1-day firearms training course focuses on developing combat mindset and aggressive gun-handling skills. The concepts of dominating the weapon, threat, and all visual areas while moving off the line of force when its warranted. Students will develop reflexive skills that will enable them to quickly and efficiently engage threats while performing multiple complex tasks.
Skills and Topics Covered in This Course:
- Firearms training safety rules review
- Principals of personal defense
- Mental conditioning and combat mindset
- Developing tactical aptitude
- Review of shooting fundamentals.
- Methodology of combat shooting the semi-automatic pistol
- Combat firearm-handling skills
- The transition from strong hand to support hand
- Reloading the semi-automatic firearm with one hand
- Clearing malfunctions and stoppages with one hand
- Engaging threats using the strong hand only
- Engaging threats using the support hand only
- Moving off the line of force and lateral displacement
- Engaging threats one hand only while shooting on the move.
- Threat assessment and area scanning
- Use of the flash sight picture vs. perfect sight alignment
- Your Chosen Handgun for Concealed Carry
- Holster for your Chosen Handgun
- Minimum of 2 Magazines for Semi-Automatic or Speed Loaders for Revolver (The more you bring, the less time you spend loading and more time shooting!)
- 200-250 Rounds of Ammunition (This may be purchased with us.)
- Full-wrap Eye and Ear Protection (May be borrowed from the range.)
- Closed-toe Shoes
- No V-neck or Tank-top Shirts
- Pen and Paper
All students must arrive with the equipment/clothing listed above. Those without the required equipment will not be able to participate in the on-range portion of the course.